06 August 2017

BIFHSGO Conference Speaker Celia Heritage on Ordering GRO Certificates

On her website Celia Heritage describes herself.
I started to research my own ancestry in my early teens, and went on to make my passion my career, establishing Kent-based Celia Heritage Family History in 2008.

Since then I have helped hundreds of people discover more about their families. For me, research is not just about recording names and dates but is about really getting under the skins of our ancestors; learning more about the past and how it affected them. My special interests are death records, surnames and exploring history on the ground.

I am a regular contributor to national family history magazines such as Family Tree Magazine, Your Family History Magazine, Discover Your Ancestors and Who Do You Think You Are Magazine. I also write a popular column, entitled Heritage Corner, for the Kent Family History Society Journal.

One of my recent articles was an assessment of online genealogy source citations for Relatively Speaking, the quarterly journal of the Alberta Genealogical Society.
This short video is an example of Celia's clear presentations.



That's a video from Celia's newly developing YouTube Channel. There's also a video How to Start Your Family History about her Family History e-Course with a bonus if you watch to the end.

For BIFHSGO Celia will give two two pre-conference half-day seminars:
  • The Manorial System and How to Use Manorial Records
  • Pedigree, Provenance and Place
During the conference she presents the opening plenary
  • Beyond All Reasonable Doubt
and lectures
  • Researching in English and Welsh Records Offices
  • Using Death Records to Break Down Brick Walls 
  • I’ve Lost My Ancestor Before 1837
Read more about these and the other presentations and events at the BIFHSGO conference here. Then follow the links for registration. Save by registering before 18 August.

No comments: