24 February 2016

Who Do You Think You Are? Live

My hotel reservation is made to attend the 2016 version, the 10th, of this premiere UK genealogy event.

For the second year it's being held at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, this year 7-9 April.

It's a couple of years since I attended and will be earning my admission by speaking on Finding English emigrants to Canada and their descendants at 16:15 on the first day. I see I'm speaking opposite Janet Few who I'd love to hear -- isn't that always the way.

I'm also booked to make a presentation the next day in the DNA presentation area, assuming it goes ahead. That will be a talk on Richard III much like that I gave to BIFHSGO last October.

In addition to a number of celebrity speakers, usually previous subjects of WDYTYA TV episodes, there are lots of familiar names on the agenda as workshop speakers: Peter Christian, Else Churchill, Beryl Evans, Simon Fowler, Julie Goucher, Kirsty Gray, John Hanson, Celia Heritage, Sharon Hintze, Daniel Horowitz, Alec Tritton.

On previous visits I've alway run into a few Canadians -- this year will be no exception. Join us if you'd like to give your UK research a boost.




No comments: