07 April 2011

Probus Presentation

I'd like to express my appreciate for the warm welcome I received from the Probus Club of Ottawa - Rideau Valley Manotick yesterday morning. I spoke to what seemed like a pretty full room, extra chairs had to be added, on "Climbing Your Family Tree - 2011 Style".

Judging by the show of hands a goodly number of those in attendance had already made great strides in their family history studies, including by some BIFHSGO members. There was a wealth of expertise in the room in related fields too, including Janet Christie-Seely from the Satir Learning Centre of Ottawa who I`d heard give a memorable presentation at OGS Ottawa Branch.

Thanks to Club President Bill Blaiklock for his hospitality after the meeting, Mike King for the smooth operation of the audiovisual systems, and Spruce Riordon for the original invitation.

No comments: