13 April 2008

Free Access to Gale Databases during National Library Week

April 13-19 is National Library Week (presumably in the US) but we can all benefit from FREE access to the many databases in AccessMyLibrary.

You may already have tried the 19th Century British Library Newspaper Collection which is available as part of the trial together with the 17-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers. These are all fully searchable. You can view entire pages or individual articles; save, bookmark, e-mail and print results.

Other databases that may be of interest as background for genealogy are: Academic OneFile, Biography Resource Centre and History Resource Centre:World.

Select the database of interest and click on Skip Registration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my..this is amazing! I wish I'd found out about this last weekend. I am finding a lot of stuff about one of my branches in the British newspapers database. Wow.